JWT / User ID Question

Mathew Tasalloti

Apr 16, 2022, 10:45:00 PM4/16/22
to Fusio
We have an internal API server that I would like to expose to our partners using Fusio.

Is there a way that we can add the external requestor's user id to an API call that we would forward  to our internal API server for processing?   We need to be able to distinguish, on our internal server, between different users in order to provide different data sets.

Is there a JWT method we could use to foward this user information?

Thanks,
Mathew

Christoph Kappestein

Apr 17, 2022, 2:59:51 AM4/17/22
to Fusio
Hi Mathew,

sure so by default Fusio already adds a header `X-Fusio-User-Id` which you could use s.
https://docs.fusio-project.org/docs/backend/api/action/http-processor/

If you want to proxy authentication you could also use the `Proxy-Authentication` header, if provided Fusio pass this as `Authentication` header to the internal API.

best regards
Christoph

Mathew Tasalloti

Apr 17, 2022, 1:30:11 PM4/17/22
to Fusio
Hi Christoph!

Fantastic - sounds like I can just expose a quick SQL API on Fusio to convert the id to the username for our internal system and we are off to the races!

Thank you for your guidance once again.

Best Regards,
Mathew