Re: Upgrading from v1.0.1 to v3.2.3

Message has been deleted

Christoph Kappestein

Sep 1, 2022, 2:46:57 PM9/1/22
to Fusio
Hi,

ok so if you run "php bin/fusio install" this only changes that database structure it does not automatically update the backend app, for this you could run "php bin/fusio marketplace:update", But in general it is maybe not easy possible to migrate Fusio from such an old version since we remove really old migrations to speed up the installation. If you really need to do this you could also donwload older Fusio versions and then update step by step.

best regards
Christoph

jml...@gmail.com schrieb am Donnerstag, 1. September 2022 um 09:34:38 UTC+2:
Hi,

I tried updating the version from v1.0.1 to v3.2.3 by copying the vendor directory to the vendor directory of the older version. Then tried executing  php bin/fusio install. However, nothing changed, icons were the same but I noticed dropdown values from under class dropdown fields no longer show, it is basically empty. I also tried creating new connections, however dropdown values under dropdown input field for class is empty.

Sincerely,
John

Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe

Oct 17, 2022, 10:28:40 PM10/17/22
to Fusio
Jumping on this as I'm trying to update my version of Fusio, also from 1.0.1.

After running the command

php bin/fusio marketplace:update fusio

it says 'Updated app fusio' but the website then gives me an error when trying to login:

Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://mysite/index.php/authorization/token' from origin 'http://mysite' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

Is there any way to fix this?  If not, can you provide a little more detail on what you mean by 'download older Fusio versions and then update step by step'? Do you mean download releases sequentially from https://github.com/apioo/fusio-apps-backend/tags and run the php bin/fusio marketplace:update fusio command each time until we get to 3.2.3?  Is it not possible to just download the latest files and manually copy to the server?

Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe

Oct 18, 2022, 1:27:42 PM10/18/22
to Fusio
Update - was easy enough to just create a new subdomain and a fresh install with the latest code and point it to the existing database.  All data appears to have been retained.

Christoph Kappestein

Oct 18, 2022, 3:37:13 PM10/18/22
to Fusio
Hi,

ok, in general you can make a fresh installation and then point Fusio to the old database, but then I would recommend to run "php bin/fusio install" so that Fusio can run all migrations to update your DB to the latest version.
If your version is really old you may run in some problems, regarding the sequential download, yes so you could download older Fusio releases at https://github.com/apioo/fusio/tags and then run the installer step by step
then you always have a migration path to the latest version.

As alternative you could also try to use the php bin/fusio export and import command to export the data from the old installation and import this data to the new installation.

best regards
Christoph