Setting Up Fusio with Direct Admin

Ayush Aryal

May 9, 2022, 10:35:31 AM5/9/22
to Fusio
Hi,

I have a shared php server that has PHP 8.0. I have created a subdomain to target the installation folder for fusio. I also tried changing values of openbase_dir

https://dev.ayusharyal.com.np/public/install.php -> This opens up but shows error on installation.

This shared server has DirectAdmin (similar to Cpanel).

Any suggestions or someone who has done installation with cpanel?
aa.PNG

Christoph Kappestein

May 9, 2022, 2:59:01 PM5/9/22
to Fusio
Hi,

ok this means, that Fusio has not the rights to make any file operations, could you add the Fusio installation dir to the allowed list of dirs, then it should work as expected.
We have also a small chapter about cPanel which a user has provided s.

best regards
Christoph

Ayush Aryal

May 12, 2022, 11:23:18 AM5/12/22
to Fusio
It installed correctly after using the cpanel steps as above. But, I still see issue with login in, I have attached the header screnshot. Could you take a look?

Thanks,
Ayush

aa.PNG

Christoph Kappestein

May 12, 2022, 1:49:29 PM5/12/22
to Fusio
Hi,

ok, this looks like the url rewriting does not work correctly since the endpoint returns a 404, could you check whether mod_rewrite is enabled?

best regards
Christoph

Ayush Aryal

May 12, 2022, 3:50:30 PM5/12/22
to Fusio
Hi Cristopher,

Yes the mod_rewrite seems to be enabled. Here is the modules array at the end: https://ayusharyal.com.np/phpinfo.php

Subdomain Public HTML Root:
/domains/ayusharyal.com.np/public_html/dev/public

.config file
psx_dispatch = ''

One thing I noticed, when I use url: https://dev.ayusharyal.com.np/public/apps this gives 404 error.
However, if I try using: https://ayusharyal.com.np/dev/public/apps/fusio/#!/login  it gives ma CORS error.

I am not sure if there is anything else I need to do on .htaccess. Let me know how I can help you debug?

Thanks,
Ayush

Ayush Aryal

May 16, 2022, 10:58:40 AM5/16/22
to Fusio
Hi Christopher? Any suggestions?

Christoph Kappestein

May 16, 2022, 5:21:14 PM5/16/22
to Fusio
Hi Ayush,

ok, so can you show me the Apache configuration for Fusio, I would assume that DirectAdmin also creates a VirtualHost pointing to the public/ folder of Fusio, the config should then look like s.
https://docs.fusio-project.org/docs/installation/apache/

Regarding the htaccess it is important that your Apache config contains "AllowOverride All" otherwise the Apache will simply ignore all .htaccess files.

best regards
Christoph

Ayush Aryal

May 19, 2022, 5:39:14 PM5/19/22
to Fusio
Hi Chris,
Idk somehow the directadmin gives limited access and I was not able to setup with subdomain. But with direct domain it is working now.

I have one question thought. Does, fusio help to create the db structure as well? or it just works on the db structure that is available only?

For eg: Direct Admin allowed me to add schema which would be db objects as well. I am about to create a new app with a new db structure. Was wondering how the db will need to be created?

Thanks,
Ayush

Mathew Tasalloti

May 20, 2022, 2:17:50 AM5/20/22
to Fusio
Hi Ayush,

I just learned how to set this up.   This is how I do it in case you want to do it this way.  I install MySQL server locally, then create a fusio user / password, fusio database and grant the fusio user full access to the fusio database (all using the mysql root account).  Then, I update the .env file (in the fusio directory) with this user id, password and database info.  You'll need to do this .env updating if you would be using method #2 below.

Also, make sure /var/www/html/fusio directory and everthing below it is owned by "www-data:www-data".  This is especially important if using method #1 below.

At this point, it is just an empty database.    There are two ways to proceed.  1) To create the tables automagially, bring up your browser and go http://<yourserver>/fusio/public/install.php ... that script will do all the work for you and populate the db.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxytxuBn0Bw  ... goto 1:06

2) Alternatively you can install the db and have it configured by running "bin/fusio install"  from your /var/www/html/fusio directory.  Don't forget that after this step you'll need to run "bin/fusio marketplace:install fusio" to install the fusio application.

Hope this helps,
Mathew

Ayush Aryal

May 20, 2022, 9:55:18 AM5/20/22
to Fusio
Thanks for the suggestions Mathew, However the issue is that this is a shared live server hosting. Not a seggregate server, so I was having issues because I won't have root access to all stuff..
I was able to get it running.

My question was not regarding tables associated with the fusio. If I am creating an API for my app, there will be tables that I need, will fusio UI be able to create it? (Headless CMS like DirectAdmin and Strapi does this).
But seems like my understanding about fusio was kind of wrong. Fusio is more focused on api management I think, that was what I was trying to ask in previous question.

Thanks,
Ayush

Christoph Kappestein

May 22, 2022, 2:30:37 PM5/22/22
to Fusio
Hi Ayush,

yes indeed, so Fusio does currently not provide at the backend a way to create and model your database schema. For this we have also included the pma (phpMyAdmin) app s. https://www.fusio-project.org/marketplace which allows you to do this. There are currently also many different apps available which help you to manage your schema so we think that it is probably not needed for Fusio, it is also always a security risk if your app can change your database schema. In general if there is a demand from many users we could also add such a feature but currently this is not available.

best regards
Christoph