Fusio Use Case question

Pedro Ruivo

May 17, 2021, 6:41:21 AM5/17/21
to Fusio
Hi,
first of all i apolagise if the question is off-toppic.

I'm looking for a solution for a practical problem related to webservices integration.

I have some applications that comunicate using webservices (mostly SOAP) with an old custom developed ESB.

I'd like to find a solution to replace that old ESB with something new and with additional features that fusio has, like a dashboard, monitoring, OAuth2, rate limits, monetization,...

The problem is to make this replacement without changing the applications webservices.

So the question is:

Can fusio work in a similar way to a reverse proxy (sort of).

Can i use fusio to accept SOAP requests from a server and forward it to another one, and maybe in between doing some transformation ?

Sice i was a developer many years ago and i'm new to fusio and API integration, is there any guide or people here that could help to configure one or two services to try it out ? (after that i think i can manage on my own, the most dificult part is the initial one).

Thanks in advance
Pete

Christoph Kappestein

May 17, 2021, 3:15:50 PM5/17/21
to Fusio
Hi Peter,

yes, you could use Fusio simply as reverse proxy but in this case you probably need to develop some custom actions which invoke your legacy soap services. So we have already a SOAP connection which helps to make those SOAP calls. At first you need to create such a SOAP connection at the Backend. Then you could create a simple PHP Sandbox action which uses the SOAP connection to make a SOAP call i.e.:

<?php

/** @var \SoapClient $connection **/
$connection = $connector->getConnection('my_legacy_soap_service');

$response = $connection->myMethod();

return $response->build(200, [], [
    'response' => $response,
]);

You can then add this action to any route which you create. So I hope this helps you a bit to get started and please let me know if there are further questions.

best regards
Christoph