Re: [EXTERNAL] Please do not deny newcomers shelter

Kathy Glatz

Apr 27, 2023, 9:46:02 AM4/27/23
to Tom Kowal, Jennifer Piper, Fusd Immigrant, anne kleinkopf
thanks, Tom!  do you believe current city council would take it up ASAP?

Kathy J Glatz
Why is it ok for Israel to Occupy Palestine and not Russia Ukraine? Both violate Geneva Accords.
"For the first time, our power to destroy outstrips earth's power to restore."    -- Daniel Maguire

On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 09:49:48 PM MDT, Tom Kowal <tomko...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hancock administration explanation [see response to Kathy Glatz below] does not hold water. Even if the Feds discriminate on basis of whether or not a migrant/refuigee has an A number, the city does not have to. The City could take the funds that the feds allocate on the basis of the number of A numbered folx served, and use other funds to serve the rest of the folx on an equal basis.

City Council needs to take this up and press Hancock to return to a sane and humane policy on serving the migrants who continue to come in to the City every day, and the thousand or so who are here now.

Thanks Kathy for this — hope you’re back on your feet soon!!

 🇺🇦🇵🇸

Paz y Luz —
Tom Kowal

tomko...@gmail.com
Cell: 303 921 1481
Land line at Ojo Caliente NM:
505 583 2713

I have been impressed
with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough.
Being willing is not enough;
we must do.
— Leonardo Da Vinci

Faith without works is mockery.
— James 2:26

On Apr 26, 2023, at 11:06 AM, Anne Kleinkopf <annekl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, Kathy --
I know that our church, First Plymouth, is still providing various sorts of support to the individuals and families that we hosted in March; if you'd be interested in being part of that, we'd gladly welcome you.

Also, I have heard from a couple of folks that there is some interest by the city in organizing some sort of regular, several-times-a-year 1-week hosting sessions by churches, but I don't know if that has gotten past the general idea stage.

I don't know of any other churches that are hosting or planning to host, but I am not plugged into any communications channel about that.

Hope you are doing OK!

best,
Anne

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 8:28 AM Kathy Glatz <k.j...@yahoo.com> wrote:
hi, are the churches stepping up to help w/sheltering immigrants?  how so?  I'm still homebound so this me expressing concern; will help when/as able.

 take care, all
Kathy J Glatz 720-233-4567