Journey with Migrants

a CARTER

Jun 6, 2023, 9:22:34 AM6/6/23
to fusd immigrant

Dear friends,

As always, my apologies if you receive this email more than once. Given the plethora of contact lists, it would take some time to cull through them and my patience is not great.

Anyway, I'm sure you are all aware of the immigration crises that have arisen at the border. Every day 60-120 migrants are arriving in Denver, looking either to continue on to other cites (notably, New York and Chicago) or to stay in Denver and make a life. Many churches are wrestling with how to help. Indeed,  our own Presbytery has been actively involved in trying to figure out how best to help.

To that end, Journey with Migrants, a committee within the Presbytery, is presenting a wonderful afternoon of food, wine, and entertainment as a fundraiser to aid migrants coming to our doors. Montview is one of five churches that is a member of Journey with Migrants and we are happy to share our building and grounds for this wonderful event.

Here are the details:

Journey With Migrants Fundraiser

June 10th, 4-6pm at Montview Blvd. Presbyterian Church

For $50/person, enjoy a happy hour of heavy hors d'oeuvres and wine to support this Mission Partnership of our Presbytery, of which Montview is a founding member.

Enjoy music and a migrant personal story as you pick up some treasures from the silent auction.

To register, visit: https://denpres.org/events/2022/6/23/an-evening-of-sharing-with-journey-with-migrants-f4chl

Or pay at the door.  Credit cards, cash, and checks accepted.

I hope you will consider joining us for this event and offering support for migrant assistance. See you there!

Diane

Chair, Montview Sanctuary Immigration Task Force

Diane S. Bassett, PhD

970-302-7687

diane....@unco.edu