Recent server code and user interface changes on FURL.NET?

GeoFan49

Nov 14, 2007, 7:25:26 PM11/14/07
to furl-users, mdm...@getpost.org
I was occasionally in the habit of using some light HTML code in my
furl archive comments. Stuff like hot hyperlinks to related web
pages, line breaks, bold, etc... to make the Public view look nicer
and more readable. Until recently, those HTML codes were rendered in
the web browser when looking at my furl blog archive Public View.
Alas, no more. It seems that they have changed some code on the
server side, so the HTML now shows up as raw text, making things look
rather ugly on some of my items in the Public View for my Furl
archive... And the visual display CSS looks a little different,
also...

Anyone notice any other changes?

Add your comments here...

GeoFan49

Nov 14, 2007, 7:28:22 PM11/14/07
to furl-users
A new bug...

Go to your Furl Archive, Public View...

Try to access page 2, 3, etc... it always displays page 1.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

GeoFan49

Nov 15, 2007, 12:55:25 AM11/15/07
to furl-users
Here's something else they broke:

URL in this format:

http://www.furl.net/members/MyUserName/MyTopicName

would show your (MyUserName) Public view, with only the single archive
topic "MyTopicName" (as a weblog, 25 items per page) in chronological
order.

Now, it gives an error...

... Page not found! Sorry!

Bummer, now we must go to our web pages and blogs, etc... and change
the URL to a long, unreadable format!

GeoFan49

Nov 15, 2007, 1:08:16 AM11/15/07
to furl-users
... Furl Rollout Complete ... November 06, 2007 ...

http://blogs.looksmart.com/furl/

GeoFan49

Nov 15, 2007, 1:13:19 AM11/15/07
to furl-users
On the positive side, FURL seems much faster now, that's a big
improvement!

OG

Nov 17, 2007, 2:09:44 AM11/17/07
to furl-users
Much faster now? Ouch, it must have been really slow before, because
Furl still seems to be very slow.

Look at how it compares to Simpy, for example:

http://grabperf.com/compare.php?test=327&tests%5B%5D=210

It looks like it's about 5 times slower, and I bet it has 100 times
the hardware and resources that Simpy has. True, I imagine it also
has more users and data. How large is Furl anyway, in terms of
members or some other metric?