Furl Updates New Look

matt3830

Feb 27, 2008, 8:58:10 PM2/27/08
to furl-users
I think today's Furl updates are really good. The new tabular layout
is way better and the save dialogue box has better dimensions. Overall
I'm digging it.

From the Furl Blog:

"We just released a minor update to Furl. Some of the changes were
cosmetic; others were bug fixes.

By popular demand, included in this latest release is a new way to
view your archive . Take a look at the new tabular view:
http://furl.net/my/archive?vmode=tabular . (Note: you have to be
logged into Furl first).

If you have comments on this layout, please send them to us with the
title "Feedback - Tabular Display."
We've also done some clean up work with the Furl Button and Toolbars.
To see the best looking version of the Furl Save Dialog Box we
encourage you to update your Furl Button and Toolbars: http://furl.net/tools/install

More changes coming soon..."

geofan49.post

Feb 29, 2008, 10:07:24 AM2/29/08
to furl-users
What happened to the ability to email the owner of a furl blog? In
the old furl system, you could send a comment message to the poster of
a furl entry. I can't find that cabability anymore. Is furl taking a
step backwards in social bookmarking?

Furl_PM

Mar 3, 2008, 3:09:37 PM3/3/08
to furl-users
Thanks for noting that omission. We turned that feature off due to
spammers on the Furl site, but now that we have additional automated
spam removal technology live on Furl we'll be re-enabling that feature
later this month.

If you have any other comments on what you'd like to see happen on
Furl, please send them to fu...@furl.net or directly to me.

Regards,
- Furl PM

GF

Mar 20, 2008, 12:27:14 PM3/20/08
to furl-users
Interesting notes on recent FURL performance and user statistics:

http://blog.simpy.com/blojsom/blog/2008/02/26/Furl-Is-Going-Down.html

lorri 666

Mar 25, 2008, 9:49:52 PM3/25/08
to furl-...@googlegroups.com
I like the tabular view, and boy oh boy do I love the spam reporting
feature. I have a toolbar bookmark for browsing through headlines, and
I do not want to see "Property in Brittany for sale" and multiple
similar items from the same user in the politics category. My one
suggestion would be to have a little red clickable box labeled "spam"
to save the user the step of going to the pull-down menu.

On the ability to e-mail other users asked below, does anyone have an answer?

I hope Furl will not go down any time soon. I haven't found any other
on-line bookmarking service that has similiar features AND allows for
storage of full articles. The recent changes give me hope that it will
be around for a while.