Installation Guide in French

Guy Fontaine

Aug 17, 2015, 7:34:00 AM8/17/15
to Funtoo
Hi !

At one time I translated the Installation Guide to French. I've been away for a while and this morning I note it is not available. Where did document go ?

Guy

Oleg Vinichenko

Aug 17, 2015, 9:04:06 AM8/17/15
to funto...@googlegroups.com

Raphael Bastos

Aug 17, 2015, 9:35:15 AM8/17/15
to funto...@googlegroups.com
Great :D

Att,
Raphael Bastos aka Coffnix

Linux Reg. User: 388431  //  LPI ID: LPI000214711
email:~> $ echo "xgvngkrhgyzuyFngiqyzuxk4ius4hx" | perl -pe \ 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-2*3)/ge'
Yaxkin/Gentoo Linux - http://downloads.hackstore.com.br
Wiki Hackstorehttp://wiki.hackstore.com.br
Área 31 Hackerspace - http://www.area31.net.br
Kankin/Funtoo Linux - http://kankin.area31.net.br
---
Also be sure to check out:
 Funtoo Forums: http://forums.funtoo.org
 Planet Larry: http://larrythecow.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Funtoo" group.

Daniel Robbins

Aug 17, 2015, 10:50:35 AM8/17/15
to funtoo development mailing list
Hello Guy,

We switched to a new translation system that keeps the translation 'in sync' with the non-translated version. Good news is that it is a very nice system. Bad news is that the old docs do not automatically get recognized by the new system, so the translation needs to be re-entered again.

The new translation system has a nice interface for translating docs a 'snippet' at a time which helps anyone with fluency in the language assist with translation.

The basic info on how to use it is to log in, and then go to "Actions" -> "Translate" from the Install/fr page. You will then have a new interface to translate the document piece by piece. As people update the main English doc, now translated portions that have not been changed will be kept, and the changed parts will be marked as needing re-translation.

Let me know if you have any questions about the new system. I added some info about translation to the lower left of the main www.funtoo.org wiki page.

-Daniel

Raphael Bastos

Guy Fontaine

Aug 18, 2015, 8:10:44 AM8/18/15
to Funtoo
My question was submitted before I went through wiki. When I did I just noted the new translation functionality. Thank you Daniel. It's great and translating now is like a child play. I now am in the process of rewriting French tutorial.

Once again thank you Daniel.

Guy