Evolution issues

Joseph Nunn

Nov 15, 2016, 6:59:44 PM11/15/16
to Funtoo
Hello All, first post.

After many years using OSX I have recently returned to Linux.  I left off using Gentoo in 2006, and tracked down what Robbins was doing when I decided to build a Linux boxen again and went Funtoo.

I like Funtoo, but I'm having some issue with Evolution, the mail client, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I'm using version 3.20.5, which is the stable version.  And Contacts will not connect to my google account contacts, whether I add them directly in Evolution or use GOA (which I would prefer).  The error message I get when I click on the Contacts button is below:

Unable to open address book 'Contacts'
This address book cannot be opened.  This either means that an incorrect URI was entered, or the server is unreachable.
Detailed error message: Unable to connect to 'Contacts': Backend factory for source '1450569313.3811.5@mybox' and extension 'Address Book' cannot be found.

Anyone have this message before?  I've tried pulling down Evolution from GitHub but its a PITA to build.  Tells me it can't a package it needs but doesn't say which one!  I've looked at Gentoo unstable, there is a newer one 3.22, I'm still trying to figure out how to emerge that, been awhile, is the process any different than Gentoo?

Any pointers would be helpful,

Thanks!

Joseph

Oleg

Mar 1, 2017, 8:57:39 AM3/1/17
to Funtoo
Hi, Joseph.
Please open report on bugs.funtoo.org with all details you experiencing and it will tracked down and fixed.