gnupg 2.1 makes keychain print error messages

Mikael Muszynski

Dec 22, 2014, 5:53:04 AM12/22/14
to funto...@googlegroups.com
I have the following two lines added to my shell rc:

keychain id_rsa -q
. ~/.keychain/`uname -n`-sh

Until upgrading gnupg from 2.0.x to 2.1.x, this had worked fine, but now for every shell apart from the one in which I entered my SSH-key passphrase, I get the following error message:

* Error: Failed to start gpg-agent

Apart from this, keychain still works as intended (or so it seems at least).

A guy in the #funtoo channel told me that this could be connected to "gnupg 2.1 deprecated the environmental variable related to the agent's socket iirc".

Daniel Robbins

Dec 26, 2014, 3:49:58 AM12/26/14
to funtoo development mailing list
Looks like a real bug. If you would, please open a bug for this on the
bug tracker.

-Daniel