GitHub move complete

Jake Ginnivan

Oct 29, 2012, 12:00:51 PM10/29/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com

Hey all,

I have removed the code from BitBucket, and migrated issues across to GitHub. GitHub is now FunnelWeb’s home.

I will be discussing with Aaron the release strategy around FunnelWeb and how we will version. The aim though is that we keep the quality bar up in the dev repository. Having the separate release and dev repositories didn’t really work for us because often there were bugs fixed in dev and we tool ages to turn releases around.

Cheers,

Jake

Ben Swayne

Dec 31, 2012, 3:42:28 PM12/31/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! I've been on FunnelWeb for a year and haven't contributed some neat improvements because I didn't have the time to play around with bitbucket and the dual repos with my "free" time. :-)

Good move IMO. (I know late reply, I haven't been active in this project but I'm just becoming more available now...)
 - Ben

Eduard-Cristian Stefan

Jan 3, 2013, 4:35:53 AM1/3/13
to funnel...@googlegroups.com, Jake Ginnivan
On 10/29/2012 6:00 PM, Jake Ginnivan wrote:
> ... Having the separate release and dev repositories
> didn’t really work for us because often there were bugs fixed in dev
> and we tool ages to turn releases around.

For the record, you were using an antique way of branching (branching with clones).
There are better ways:

http://stevelosh.com/blog/2009/08/a-guide-to-branching-in-mercurial/

and some examples:

https://bitbucket.org/sdorra/scm-manager/commits/all
https://bitbucket.org/marcinkuzminski/rhodecode/commits/all

Anyway, it's water under the bridge now, but IMHO it might be worth it
to mainain a mercurial clone on Bitbucket.

Have a nice day,
Eduard