Funnelweb update

Jake Ginnivan

Oct 29, 2012, 12:10:35 AM10/29/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com

Hey all,

Sorry about not being around. I have spent the last day or two cleaning a few things up (mainly around the azure stuff).

I will also be working towards a new release over the next week or so.

GitHub

FYI, we will be transitioning to github as our primary repo very shortly.

Azure Dependency

Is now removed, I have deleted the Azure project and we will be going with the Azure websites option and not supporting an Azure worker role project. I have the Azure SDK installed everywhere, so let me know if you still require it.

MVC4

FunnelWeb is now running on MVC4, and I have also replaced ClientDependency with bundles.

Deployments:

If you want to deploy to git, simply run ‘Deploy_To_Git.ps1’, I used this to deploy to Azure websites (but you can use this script to deploy to AppHarbor or any other provider who supports git deployment!):

Command line is:

Deploy_To_Git.ps1 –init -updateConfig –dontBuild

Drop the switches you don’t want.

-init – Initialises a new git repo, then pushes. Without this switch, the script will clone, copy all the new files across, commit that update then push.

-updateConfig – Opens my.config in notepad before pushing, giving you a chance to update the config

-dontBuild – Doesn’t build funnelweb before running deployment, good for simply updating config

Blob uploads (I have cleaned up and exposed the settings properly):

NOTE: You can use this feature without hosting your blog in Azure, it just requires an Azure storage account.

To get a storage account just create a new storage account.

The URLs are funnelweb /get urls. i.e http://localhost:54860/get/Scrum_Guide.pdf, this will cause a redirection to the actual blob URL.

Cheers,

Jake

jdavila

Oct 29, 2012, 11:38:58 AM10/29/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
The GitHub, removing Azure dependency and MVC4 news made my day!

I use the GitHub one and it always bothered me that the build script does not work because I need to have Azure installed plus it's looking for a .Hg directory...I see changes in the GitHub repo but not in BitBucket...Everything you're saying here is already "clone-able" there?

Thanks Jake!

Jake Ginnivan

Oct 29, 2012, 11:58:25 AM10/29/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com

Sure is. Clone away. Let me know if there are any issues with the upgrade. I know my theme is broken, but I have a local branch fixing it up (it has other issues and needs to be fixed properly…).

Jake Ginnivan

Readify | Senior Developer | MVP (VSTO)
+61 403 846 400 | jake.g...@readify.net | @JakeGinnivan

To get a storage account just create a new storage account.

The URLs are funnelweb /get urls. i.e http://localhost:54860/get/Scrum_Guide.pdf, this will cause a redirection to the actual blob URL.

Cheers,

Jake

Xavier Decoster

Oct 31, 2012, 7:02:05 AM10/31/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
I started moving my blog to FunnelWeb last Friday, if I had known I'd have waited a few more days :)
Had to fix my theme as well due to the MVC upgrade, but hey, nothing but welcoming these changes!
Great work!

My FunnelWeb blog is running on Windows Azure Websites using Blob Storage & Azure Sql Db.
Works like a charm: http://www.xavierdecoster.com

Matt Hamilton

Oct 31, 2012, 5:53:57 PM10/31/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
Added you to the funnelweblog home page, Xavier. Smile

Matt

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: Funnelweb update

wlEmoticon-smile[1].png

Jake Ginnivan

Nov 1, 2012, 2:17:13 AM11/1/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com

Amazing theme! Would you share it? :P I suck at design and am rather jealous right now.

Cheers,

Jake Ginnivan

Readify | Senior Developer | MVP (VSTO)
+61 403 846 400 | jake.g...@readify.net | @JakeGinnivan

I started moving my blog to FunnelWeb last Friday, if I had known I'd have waited a few more days :)

Eduard-Cristian Stefan

Nov 1, 2012, 3:06:17 AM11/1/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Jake Ginnivan <Jake.G...@readify.net> wrote:
> Amazing theme! Would you share it? :P I suck at design and am rather jealous
> right now.

I like it too. I was thinking to list all the posts in the 404 page,
but never thought to do something similar to the front page,
like this theme is doing.

Have a nice day,
Eduard

Xavier Decoster

Nov 1, 2012, 4:13:07 PM11/1/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
Thx guys!

Sure I can share the theme. It's based on (an outdated) bootstrapper theme I found somewhere, which I upgraded to MVC4 and customized a bit more.
I'll share the link here as soon as I uploaded the theme (within the next few days).
Unless you prefer that I send a pull request to make it available in the repo?

Cheers,
Xavier

Aaron Powell

Nov 1, 2012, 7:53:20 PM11/1/12
to funnel...@googlegroups.com

If you want it in the core send us a PR J

Aaron Powell
MVP - Internet Explorer (Development) | FunnelWeb Team Member

http://apowell.me | http://twitter.com/slace | Skype: aaron.l.powell | Github | BitBucket

Jan 12, 2013, 7:46:17 PM1/12/13
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
I was worried I never saw the theme in the source. I now realized the pull request was done two months ago but it hasn't been merged. Thanks Xavier, awesome theme