Error: 'MiniProfiler' is undefined

rbrocato

Feb 12, 2013, 4:08:40 PM2/12/13
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've installed a local copy of FunnelWeb and everything seems to work except I keep getting this error:

Error: 'MiniProfiler' is undefined.

It seems to work anyway, but, obviously, I would like to figure out what is going wrong. I am using VisualStudio 2010. I am running it using IIS Express using Visual Studio.

Any suggestions?

rbrocato

Feb 13, 2013, 8:12:59 AM2/13/13
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
I see the line added by martijnburgers in the web.config file.

<add name="MiniProfiler" path="mini-profiler-resources/*" verb="*" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode" />

But still, I get the same error. I tried adding the MiniProfiler from the Package Manager Console using the following command:

PM> Install-Package MiniProfiler.MVC3

But still, I get the same error.  I have tried a few other things, but so far no success. I suspect it has something to do with IIS Express, but I am open to other suggestions. I don't know how to tell which version of IIS Express I am running. I am pretty sure it is 7.5. Also of note, I have SP1 and MVC 4 installed on my VS 2010. I have spent quite a few hours on this problem.

Rob
.

rbrocato

Feb 13, 2013, 8:28:46 AM2/13/13
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I finally figured it out. Wow, two days of trying things and finally got it. It was IIS Express after all that was the culprit. I changed it to the Development Server and it worked without giving me the error.

I found the following on Microsoft's website:

To specify the Web server for a Web application project by using project properties

  1. In Solution Explorer, right-click the name of the Web application project for which you want to specify a Web server, and then click Properties.

  2. In the Properties window, click the Web tab.

  3. To choose the Visual Studio Development Server, under Servers, click Use Visual Studio Development Server.

Yeah...

Rob