My Blog

David Taylor

Apr 17, 2014, 7:15:49 AM4/17/14
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I used FunnelWeb for my blog:  www.daveptaylor.com  Can you add it to the blog list?

also, who do I contact to contribute work to the project?

I've made a number of changes; like I changed the rendering process to occur after a post has been edited (both html and markdown versions are stored) as the rendering happens once at content creation time I added an HTML minification step to the rendering pipeline to further reduce page size and bandwidth.  I also added extra features for spam control, like an additional option to always require comment approval if they post a link; also adding a rel=nofollow to all links in comments, etc.

I've included some features so you can post JavaScript inside a blog post but the execution is deferred until after JQuery has loaded at the end of the body tag so you can use jquery selectors, etc.  I changed tags so you have a URL display field, co C++ appears in the URL as Cpp, C# as CSharp " etc.  I also added throttling to the login page to prevent dictionary attacks...

Thanks,

Jake Ginnivan

Apr 25, 2014, 5:15:11 AM4/25/14
to funnel...@googlegroups.com

Hey David,

If you would like to contribute and are unsure if the changes should go into the main project then just raise an issue on GitHub asking to discuss the feature/change. Then just submit a pull request.

You can follow the guide at https://guides.github.com/activities/contributing-to-open-source to contribute. If you need a hand just ping me, happy to help.

Cheers,

Jake