Help reading archived SQLite data

Bratislav Predic

Aug 19, 2012, 2:49:03 AM8/19/12
to funf-de...@googlegroups.com
Trying to work with wifi tutorial I can't use supplied python scripts to decrypt and merge and read SQLite database with collected data. So far, I managed to have wifitutorial app create archive on SD Card of the device, I have transferred it to my desktop (Win7 x64) but dbdecrypt.py fails with message: File is either encrypted with another method, another key, or is not a valid sqlite3 db file. I have not changed password (default is 'changeme', I checked it in framework source).

I have also tried to skip encription by changing line 153  in DefaultArchive.java into:
Changed SecretKey key = getKey(); into SecretKey key = null;

I thought that would Instantiate SimpleFileCopier and create unencrypted db file.

Anyway none of previous worked and I can't use provided scripts to decrypt file not I can open it directly in any SQLite manager apps.

Obviously I am missing something important here but I hae jusr run out of ideas.

Bratislav Predic

Aug 19, 2012, 9:56:09 AM8/19/12
to funf-de...@googlegroups.com
Update:

The same problem happens when I try to use FunfJournal android app and Analysis Toolkit. I have also tried changing default password but the same error still exists..

BiLL Mrk

Feb 12, 2013, 12:55:10 PM2/12/13
to funf-de...@googlegroups.com
I know this is an old post, but i have the very same problem. Did you manage to solve this?

Arek Stopczynski

Feb 17, 2013, 10:02:07 AM2/17/13
to funf-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you provide a file that is failing on you? I can try to debug.

Arek

BiLL Mrk

Feb 23, 2013, 12:14:32 PM2/23/13
to funf-de...@googlegroups.com
Duh, it won't let me upload a file here (I got error #304)... so here is a link:
http://www.2shared.com/file/5jRjdluW/myfile.html

It is a small .db file (from the archive folder) containing 2-3 samples from the ActivityProbe. Like the rest of the files, it gives a failure message when you try to decrypt it. (I haven't changed the password...)

Thanks in advance.

Rachel Kalmar

Mar 19, 2013, 4:58:56 AM3/19/13
to funf-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Anyone manage to figure this out?  I'm running into the same problem.

Thanks,
Rachel

Rachel Kalmar
Mobile: (415) 968-9366
Twitter: @grapealope
Linkedin.com/in/rachelkalmar
meetup.com/Sensored

Victor Chen

Oct 26, 2015, 4:17:11 PM10/26/15
to Funf Developers
Has anyone figured this out? I noticed this post is 2 years old but no one posted a solution. I'm having the same problem.