FJ 4.2 vs. FJ 4.4, Stream.Cons()

Clinton Selke

Aug 24, 2015, 11:39:44 PM8/24/15
to Functional Java
Stream.Cons() in version 4.4 uses Weak Reference.
Stream.Cons() in version 4.2 uses Soft Reference.

I've noticed Stream getting a bit slower when upgrading to 4.4, but it hasn't caused problems though.

But was Stream intended to be Soft Reference in 4.4?

Stream.Cons() uses P1.memo() when is redirected to a Weak Reference and used to be a Soft Reference.

jbgir...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2015, 2:32:09 AM8/25/15
to functio...@googlegroups.com
I think that there some extra indirection when using of P1.*memo() that could be avoided for better performances.