Next Meetup

Henrik Feldt

Mar 15, 2013, 3:21:27 AM3/15/13
to functional-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'm happy to announce the next meetup:

Seq.zip clojure fsharp scala - Functional Mingle Night
http://functional-mingle-night.eventbrite.com/#

See you there!
Henrik

Tomas Roos

Mar 18, 2013, 3:10:54 AM3/18/13
to functional-pro...@googlegroups.com
Perfect timing, getting my mini me vNext at 6th of april. Probably won't join ;-)

Henrik

Christian Jacobsen

Apr 9, 2013, 4:39:26 PM4/9/13
to functional-pro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for yet another great meetup! Here's the F# code from the hacking session: https://gist.github.com/chribben/5349134

Johan Andersson

Apr 9, 2013, 5:11:52 PM4/9/13
to functional-pro...@googlegroups.com

Here is an example of the async features in fsharp which we wanted to show the other teams:

http://www.addskills.se/White-papers/Asynchronous-workflows-i-F/

Maybe I am asking the wrong group of ppl but I would be very happy to see more fsharp meetup events here in stockholm.

At last - Thanks again Intelliplan and Henrik for the hosting of the event!

- Johan

Marcus Holst

Apr 10, 2013, 3:20:07 AM4/10/13
to functional-pro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, thanks everybody, and especially Intelliplan. Very nice indeed!

here's the Clojure code, including the full project description and dependency spec.

//Marcus

Staffan Eketorp

Apr 10, 2013, 3:20:23 AM4/10/13
to functional-pro...@googlegroups.com
Agree - thanks.

And here's an async tcp server, slightly more complete than ours yesterday, although not passing an integer string :)

Henrik Feldt

Apr 10, 2013, 3:40:06 AM4/10/13
to functional-pro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everybody for coming,

If you have pictures from the event, could you send them in this thread?

Follow @FuncProgSTHLM for a small featurette on the event right now.

Christian Jacobsen

Apr 10, 2013, 12:33:22 PM4/10/13
to functional-pro...@googlegroups.com
I'd love some more F# as well! There's a lot of exciting stuff happening in the F# community at the moment. Been trying to lure some of the F#-wizards out there (like Don Syme, Tomas Petricek, Jon Harrop) to our group but without success so far, but I'll keep trying.

Cheers,
Christian
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to functional-programming-sthlm+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Janis Beckert

Apr 10, 2013, 2:02:07 PM4/10/13
to functional-pro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for organizing the meetup! I really enjoyed it.

Since most of us in the Haskell group learn the language as a hobby, we used a little tutorial we found online to “implement” the TCP server:
http://www.catonmat.net/blog/simple-haskell-tcp-server/

It's pretty light on the monads, but can give you a good idea what Haskell would look like.

If you want to try that code out, keep in mind that there were some changes in the Haskell library naming, and that you might need to qualify the libraries differently.
Searching via Hoogle or on Hackage helps with that.

Cheers