Meetup Thursday, September 5, 2013: F# and Mono/.Net

26 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Henrik

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 2013 03:45:5012.08.2013
alıcı functional-pro...@googlegroups.com

Welcome to another installation of FuncProgSTHLM and Progessive.Net

Signup here

This time we will talk about F# and how it can be used to create business software. There shall be pizza and beer, free of charge and after the presentation it's planned for attendees to sit in groups and work on small problems in F#.

The talk:

Henrik Feldt on 'Honey, I messaged you, so call me maybe?'

Writing code is hard, writing distributed code is harder; writing actor based code makes it all more tractable.

In this talk I will show the algorithm Honeywords implemented with FSharp.Actor, the new open source framework from Colin that aims to bring the actor model to .Net and F# in particular.

Honeywords is an algorithm for finding out if an attacker has gained access to your user/identity database and has successfully reversed the hashes stored therein. It's an improvement over hashing-plus-salt in a way that alerts you to the fact that you have been hacked.

Don't miss the opportunity to learn a sharp tool against the hackers, learn about functional programming: the methodology of the future and on top of that learn about how actors work.

Hosted by Intelliplan

Intelliplan is the leading nordic supplier of recruitment and staffing systems. Our systems collect and structure relevant information to make it easily accessible to everyone who needs it. Intelliplan therefore removes the need for unnecessary administration, freeing up time to focus on profitable work.

We are constantly on the prowl for excellent developers who know they want to make a difference with their programming chops, in the lifes of thousands of people looking for work or being organised by staffing agencies. By being proponents of functional programming we belive we can create more value than otherwise, whilst creating bug-free and efficient code.

Are you interested in a challenge? E-mail peter.s...@intelliplan.se today.
Tümünü yanıtla
Yazarı yanıtla
Yönlendir