Anti-drone protest in Horsham

1 view

Rich

Sep 28, 2013, 11:22:28 PM9/28/13
to fum...@googlegroups.com

Marlena Santoyo

Sep 28, 2013, 11:29:03 PM9/28/13
to fum...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Rich. Marlena

 The first pastoral visit outside Rome that Francis made was to the Italian island of Lampedusa where many illegal Muslim immigrants land. Some are refugees, others are economic migrants. He spoke against "global indifference" to their plight and called for a"reawakening of consciences" to counteract this. Francis threw a wreath into the sea as a memorial to those drowned attempting to get to Europe and said these deaths were "a thorn in the heart". The Pope stated, "We have lost a sense of brotherly responsibility," and"have forgotten how to cry" for migrants who die on the journey, also "We have become used to other people's suffering, it doesn't concern us, it doesn't interest us, it's none of our business!". The pope also condemned people traffickers who profit from carrying desperate migrants in unsafe boats .

Rich Gardner

Sep 29, 2013, 7:27:21 AM9/29/13
to fum...@googlegroups.com
A pleasure! Thanks Marlene!