Galaxie 500 V Luna

Freddie And The Dreamuz

Oct 23, 2016, 2:08:35 PM10/23/16
to A List Full of Wishes
Luna are not a patch on Galaxie 500. I saw Luna last week in Manchester and was a bit surprised, there was only about 50 people there. never heard any Luna before so I was an open book. They did whig out  a few times and it was

great.

"23 mins over Brussels" and" Bonnie and Clyde" being the standouts but a lot of it was sugar sweet ,not in a good way very 90's sounding. The truth is I was praying to God they would play some Galaxie .We did get a few chords of

"Ceremony" but that was it. Tonight I have listened to "On Fire " "Today" and "Uncollected " I mean come on these are.....words fail me. Im not sure if im happy that these are my little secret or aggrieved that they are not recognised for the

greats they truly are. When Dean split the band up for me it was like The Smiths you walk around asking yourself Why ? Why ? If only they had stuck together. So far I have bought " This is Our Music " and sold it on as I just can never

 listen all the way through. I first got into Galaxie 500 around 1990. I was also avidly into Acid House , Techno ,Happy mondays Aphex Twin etc etc . I bought "On Fire" purely for the album cover . I found Naomi  beguiling.

At first It just seemed like whiny indie kids with a little bit of quirkiness. Then one day waiting for the bus in the cold  with my walk man I smoked some and then "Snowstorm " Kicked in I was like Ive never heard that before!

Sublime I fell in love there and then. "On Fire " is still a personal favourate.

Lou Romanelli

Oct 23, 2016, 3:42:16 PM10/23/16
to fullof...@googlegroups.com
On Fire is a classic that never got its due.

Lou