Tasks backup and deleting from Google Drive

Terry Wysocki

Nov 2, 2021, 1:02:57 PM11/2/21
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
Every day my Windows 10 computer gives me a popup message saying that Tasks has deleted some backup files from Google Drive. Is this caused by this app and how can I eliminate the popup? (It has a "don't show this anymore" checkbox but that doesn't work). ImageCapture011.png

Full Screen for Google Tasks

Nov 2, 2021, 2:40:25 PM11/2/21
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
I don't think it's related to this app. What is "Tasks Backups"? Is it a folder in your hard drive?

Reg

Nov 3, 2021, 7:09:16 PM11/3/21
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
I agree with the developer TerryW.
I think this is related to something else.  The new google drive has been annoying tbh.  Streaming keeps a mirror on the gdrive and if you delete something on your pc, its also deleted on the gdrive (cloud) and that could be dangerous by unknowingly deleting everything on your pc folder and finding it does same in your virtual copies.

I suggest trying these steps
  1. go to the gdrive icon in bottom right of your bar (windows im using)
  2. click on it
  3. click on the wheel looking thing top right (settings)
  4. click preferences
  5. you will see your backups there
  6. see the image below
  7. those are the folders google drive is talking to to sync to your cloud account
  8. You must be working in one of those files and removing things -
04.11.2021_10.07.54_REC.png