Data not being saved

Terry Wysocki

Apr 12, 2024, 5:06:05 PMApr 12
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
I've been using for months. But now it doesn't save changes after I close.

Full Screen for Google Tasks

Apr 13, 2024, 12:04:56 AMApr 13
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
Is this behavior consistent every time for you? Normally, sync happens right after your edit, so it's not about "close".

Barbara Leivang

Apr 15, 2024, 3:01:04 AMApr 15
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
I have been experiencing the same issue for a while. How can this be resolved, please?

Terry Wysocki

May 4, 2024, 7:42:38 PMMay 4
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
It has been failing for quite a while now. I have a few tasks and I edit the details in the description. If I edit a task, then go to another, then return, the edit still appears. It just does not sync with the main database. if I go to tasks.google.com in my browser, the editing works fine. It fails when I run from my Windows 11 command line as: C:\Progra~1\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome_proxy.exe --profile-directory=Default --app-id=leelebojpeano...

Full Screen for Google Tasks

May 4, 2024, 10:17:45 PMMay 4
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
I'm not familiar with the command line setup you mentioned. Did you mention it because it doesn't fail when you use it "normally" as average users do? (E.g. open the app by clicking the chrome extension button, or by visiting https://fullscreen-for-googletasks.com/)

Terry Wysocki

May 5, 2024, 3:56:12 PMMay 5
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
I mentioned that command line setup because I want to be able to edit my task list without opening my browser or new tabs, just like a standalone app would behave. I don't recall where I found the instructions on how to do this though, but it has always worked fine. (Do I need to hide the app_id - is it linked directly to my personal tasks?)

This command line version does retain changes as I edit across several notes, but loses the changes when I close the window. Note that the same is true with the url you provided  https://fullscreen-for-googletasks.com/

Editing notes by using the Chrome extension while in the browser works fine, as does https://tasks.google.com/.

Full Screen for Google Tasks

May 5, 2024, 5:40:03 PMMay 5
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
When you use https://fullscreen-for-googletasks.com/, it's a PWA, and there's a button on the top right, next to the ⚙️, that says something like "pin to desktop/start menu", you can use that to create a standalone app, so you don't need to open a browser / a new tab to use the tool.

When launching as a chrome extension, the underlying code is exactly the same as https://fullscreen-for-googletasks.com, the only difference is the url being chrome-extension://ndbaejgcaecffnhlmdghchfehkflgfkj/index.html. The syncing behavior should be the same either way.

If you consistently find the syncing to be buggy, I currently have no answer. So far there's no other user reports of such issue over the last 5 years. Maybe try different browsers and see if they all have the same issue?  The chrome extension only works in chrome, but the website works in any browser.

Terry Wysocki

May 6, 2024, 6:47:05 PMMay 6
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
SOLVED!!!
I was intrigued that the url access failed within Chrome but it worked with Firefox. So with a bit of digging it turns out, the problem was caused by another extension:  "Allow CORS: Access-Control-Allow-Origin".
I had been having problems with a webpage I created that accessed data from another url and this recently installed Chrome extension helped with CORS issues. BUT it also killed the access of full-screen tasks!
Thank you for your attention to this and I'm sorry it was my fault. And FYI, I do not see any button to create a pin on the taskbar:
2024-05-06 14 55 28.png

Full Screen for Google Tasks

May 6, 2024, 7:01:39 PMMay 6
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
It looks like you already created a standalone app for it. Clicking the ↗ button to the right of the url bar, to the left of the ★, should lead you to the standalone app. You could pin that app to the task bar, and launch it from there in the future.