'order by date' breaks up nested subtask

overmedium

Oct 2, 2021, 11:47:22 AM10/2/21
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
Hello,

I clicked view 'order by date' of a subtask i have.  and that subtask had a nested subtask in it with about 10 tasks.  What happened is the listing view broke up the nested subtask and listed every single subtask in order entered.  So in a sense it it correct by listing every task by date, but I was kind of hoping that my nested subtask would have stayed nested in the list.

Not a huge deal, but thought you might like to know

Full Screen for Google Tasks

Oct 2, 2021, 3:52:55 PM10/2/21
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
Hi, were you a user of the official Google Tasks app before using this app?

overmedium

Oct 2, 2021, 7:51:18 PM10/2/21
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
yes, i used it a little bit prior to this extension.  this particular nested subtask was created in the extension, not the official Google Task app

Full Screen for Google Tasks

Oct 3, 2021, 1:13:49 AM10/3/21
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
The official app also shows no nesting in the order-by-date view. I believe is shows exactly the same view when compared with this app side by side.

Nested subtasks can have different dates, they can also have different dates than the parent, so it's impossible to keep them together.

overmedium

Oct 3, 2021, 1:35:49 AM10/3/21
to Full Screen for Google Tasks
Okay, sounds good; thank you