State of FubuMVC 2.0

Jeremy D. Miller

Aug 1, 2014, 3:46:06 PM8/1/14
to fubumv...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

We have one whole Extend Health project running on FubuMVC 2.0 in production now. After say a month of calm in production, I’d like to finally kick out all the FubuMVC 2.0 nugets to Nuget.org, write some blog posts on the stuff that changed, and try to bail out of any new development for now.

If you would, take a gander at the remaining issue list for 2.0 and see if there’s anything you can’t live without if you’re interested in moving to fubumvc 2.0 and haven’t already committed to leaving .Net altogether:

https://github.com/DarthFubuMVC/fubumvc/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A2.0

There was some talk about a new project owner, but nothing has happened on that front yet and I’m honestly discouraging him from taking this on and maybe helping him retrofit some things from fubu onto Nancy.

The one thing that might bring back active FubuMVC work from my side is our investment in FubuTransportation. I think we feel like FT is being a success for us and that might spur new FubuMVC work next year to reboot on the new K runtime when it’s production worthy. Maybe.

Thanks,

Jeremy