Assets

Kevin Miller

Apr 2, 2014, 9:59:53 AM4/2/14
to fubumv...@googlegroups.com
First up. I know bubkiss about the Asset Pipeline.

My goal is to serve up an optimized requireJS module when in production mode and the regular un-optimized module version when in dev mode. The module is a simple /{path}/index.js file and when in production I'd like it to serve /{path}/index-min.js as index.js so this is transparent to the end-user.

I am thinking we can use the FubuMode as the switch but not sure how to get the Asset Pipeline to do my bidding.

Any suggestions?

KevM

Jeremy D. Miller

Apr 2, 2014, 10:51:17 AM4/2/14
to fubumv...@googlegroups.com
It’d probably be easier to just build a custom extension method off of IFubuPage that does the FubuMode switch and delegates to the asset pipeline accordingly.

FYI, this very feature was supposed to be in 2.0, but I’m not sure that we’ll ever use it now at EH so it’s off my plate.  Perfectly happy to take a pull request to make that happen w/ the new lightweight pipeline.

You’d want it to use the require.js cache busting url in Development mode too.

- Jeremy