Concrete Plans for FubuMVC 3 Development

Jeremy Miller

Jun 30, 2015, 2:50:34 PM6/30/15
to fubumv...@googlegroups.com
FubuMVC is no longer dead, it's merely "mostly dead." I will be starting work on will become FubuMVC 3.0 maybe as soon as this week.

See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pQLEJRYDNYiwJbEnkH5EGfyF3TTqldDpdTou3Pts6nc for details.

Dunno how many folks are still interested in this, but I'd still appreciate any feedback. The leap to Jasper, the DNX, and CoreCLR would happen after this work.

Thanks,

Jeremy

hcoverlambda

Jun 30, 2015, 2:53:31 PM6/30/15
to fubumv...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, very interested, building a new Fubu app right now.

Suhas Chatekar

Jul 1, 2015, 6:43:20 AM7/1/15
to fubumv...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have never contributed to any open source project so far. But I am very keen to be part of FubuMVC. Where should I start?

Suhas

Gary Brunton

Jul 24, 2015, 6:23:04 PM7/24/15
to FubuMVC Development Group, jeremy...@yahoo.com
Not interested in it if it is complete framework that basically replaces MVC.
Is interested in it if it is more of a library built on top of or works side by side with MVC.

Would love to see
- behavior chains (russian doll modelled)
- one model in / one model out controllers
- routes derived off of input models
- automatic content negotiation (view discovery)
- view editors and displays and the ability to apply html conventions
- localization support (much like fubu did)
- validation somewhat similar to what was attempted in fubuvalidation

We still have one of our main applications on Fubu and love these features.
Gary Brunton

Jeremy Miller

Jul 27, 2015, 11:14:17 AM7/27/15
to FubuMVC Development Group, suhas.c...@gmail.com, suhas.c...@gmail.com
@Suhas,

I think we'd love to have more contributors of any kind (code, examples, just plain feedback, blog posts, anything). You might wanna check back in about a month though when the actual Jasper work starts. Right now I'm just trying to clean things up and get rid of old, absolute things.

When Jasper work starts, what if I start tagging issues as "up for grabs" and you maybe look for things you think you might enjoy doing?

- Jeremy

Jeremy Miller

Jul 27, 2015, 11:25:35 AM7/27/15
to FubuMVC Development Group, gbru...@gmail.com, gbru...@gmail.com
@Gary,

Gimme an hour or so to get a good reply up though;)

- Jeremy