Meraki phases out Standard units

TheFreeNet Aotearoa

Aug 16, 2008, 8:52:42 PM8/16/08
to ftnao...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Meraki <what...@meraki.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:02 AM
Subject: News from Meraki
To: thefre...@gmail.com

Hello from Meraki.

We've been working on several new hardware and software improvements
at Meraki, and wanted to provide a brief update to our existing
customers about the new Meraki Indoor and upgraded software
functionality. We are also announcing the end of life for the Standard
Edition line of our products, which will no longer be available to new
customers after January 31, 2009.

Please read on for more information and feel free to contact us at
sa...@meraki.com if you have any questions.

The Meraki Indoor

The new Meraki Indoor is the evolution of the Meraki Mini, our
three-in-one (wireless router, access point and mesh repeater) device,
based on feedback from customers worldwide. The Meraki Indoor improves
upon the Meraki Mini by adding built-in signal strength LEDs, a
hardware watchdog for withstanding power fluctuations and a sleeker
enclosure with a built-in antenna. It is available with power adapters
for US, European Union, United Kingdom and Australian plug types. For
more information, visit the Meraki Indoor website at:
http://meraki.com/products_services/hardware/indoor/

Standard Edition Transition

We are also announcing the end of life of our Standard Edition
(ad-supported) products, which will no longer be available to new
customers after January 31, 2009. Over the past year we've seen
rapidly increasing demand for the features and functionality of the
Pro Edition line of products and have decided to simplify our
offerings and focus our development efforts.

As an existing Standard Edition customer, your networks will continue
to operate normally and Meraki will continue providing hosted services
for the lifetime of the product. In addition, as part of our
streamlined product offering, your networks will have certain features
enabled in Dashboard which were previously only available in Pro
Edition, including custom images on splash pages and unlimited device
whitelisting. You may optionally upgrade to the complete Pro Edition
for $100 per node by contacting sa...@meraki.com.

Network operators planning to expand Standard Edition networks can
continue purchasing the Meraki Mini for $49 and Meraki Outdoor for $99
through January 31, 2009 through the "Standard Edition Store" link
under the "Support" tab in your Meraki Dashboard. The Meraki Indoor is
available in the Pro Edition, but can be added to existing Standard
networks.

Web Site Updates

The Meraki website is constantly being updated with new case studies,
additional information about Meraki's hosted services and new hardware
products. Please visit http://www.meraki.com/ for the latest news and
information about Meraki products.

At Meraki we're honored to have you as a customer and look forward to
helping you grow and manage your networks.

Sincerely,

The Meraki Team