TheFreeNet at GOVIS

Mike P

May 2, 2008, 5:41:33 PM5/2/08
to ftnao...@googlegroups.com
GOVIS was quoted $1,500 for wifi access at the Town Hall for our GOVIS mini-conference.  Wired access is included in the venue rental.

So I took down 5 Merakis and ran TheFreeNet from 1 wired access point.  Supported 14 users / 300 Mb for the day.  So for small gatherings (<50), this type of setup works well.

~mike

olivernz

May 4, 2008, 10:10:08 PM5/4/08
to TheFreeNet - Aotearoa
So did they pay the $1500 in the end?

For such events Meraki seems a godsend. I had a colleague who had to
install iBooks with a Woosh wireless at a trade show. It was quite a
struggle for him to get it set-up properly and I don't want to kno
what the client had to pay for that service. Maybe we should be
approaching people like TSB Arena, TePapa and other venues?! What
about Beehive & co?

Hamish MacEwan

May 4, 2008, 11:09:51 PM5/4/08
to ftnao...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Mike P <zoomzo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> GOVIS was quoted $1,500 for wifi access at the Town Hall for our GOVIS
> mini-conference. Wired access is included in the venue rental.

Who was the quote from?

Hamish.
--
http://del.icio.us/Hamish.MacEwan