Newbie question - pit layout?

suzann...@yahoo.com

Mar 3, 2018, 12:57:49 AM3/3/18
to FIRST Tech Challenge West Super-Regional
Hi,

This is our first visit to West Super Regionals. Please can you share you knowledge about the pit space? How is it separated? I see pictures online of the spaces being separated by 'skirting' with fabric, and some have a back curtain panel...is anything like that done to delineate the pit spaces?

Any insight is appreciated,
Thank you,
Suzanne

FIX IT 3491

Mar 3, 2018, 12:54:00 PM3/3/18
to suzann...@yahoo.com, FIRST Tech Challenge West Super-Regional
Hi Suzanne

It's different from venue to venue, so you may want to ask the organizers.

Sometimes it's a large room with tape on the floor marking each of the pits.  Each 10ft square has one table in it.

Other times, There's skirting fabric with short posts, table and 2 chairs.

Some teams bring pop-awnings that are 10ftx10ft, and use that as the structure for their pit.  Other teams will create a structure out of materials like pvc pipes.  And some teams just use the table that's provided for their display or to work on the robot.

FIX IT 3491

--
Learn more at http://www.ftcwest.org
---

Patti Poston

Mar 3, 2018, 12:54:00 PM3/3/18
to suzann...@yahoo.com, FIRST Tech Challenge West Super-Regional
Hi Suzanne,

Usually, they have them marked out with tape on the floor.  When they have had more, like skirting, we just use those as the size and put up our canopy.

Patti Poston
Coach - 6024, 5326, 11574