No Newsletter This Week

vfras...@aol.com

Feb 2, 2023, 6:27:52 PM2/2/23
to Google Group - Tuesday Newsday
Hello Tuesday Newsday Subscribers,

    Tuesday has slipped through our fingers ... along with a few other days.

    The next issue of the newsletter will likely be sent Tuesday, February 7th.

    We'll include the results of last weekend's events (Stuart & Livingston) as well as this weekend's events (Delbarton & Bayonne).
    Good luck to all of the teams who are participating in this coming weekend's League Tournaments.
    Six teams will promote to the State Championship on Saturday and seven will advance to the State Championship on Sunday

    The Coaches Caucus is being rescheduled from Feb 4th to Feb 11th. Tuesday's newsletter will include the link.

    For those awaiting the Dean's List Appointment Schedule, it will be issued not later than Monday morning. Interviews begin on Weds/Thurs evening.
    We are gathering the last few Interviewer volunteers and need to have them set before announcing appointments to students.
    FYI - This year, FIRST is asking that an adult be in the virtual room with the student during the interview. We'll be checking for that.
    More information on the Dean's List process is coming with the Appointment Schedule on Monday morning.

    If you are wondering for the cause of this week's delay, it relates to the spike in FTCNJ activity and the associated need for volunteers.
    From time to time, there has been an appeal for volunteers of all types. We are volunteer-driven organization. Gathering them can take significant time.

    Currently, the biggest needs are Judges and Referees (both of whom must be 21), followed by Tech Crew volunteers.
    If anyone on distribution is interested in lending a hand, here's the link to an "Availability Survey" that shows event dates and locations.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScSPRDkZ4FyvPnY7e4lytComgFq7kXQLQZvJ2_jP7It5hOmIw/viewform

    Help is welcome but please consider all the events, not only the ones at which your team may be competing.
    Unaffiliated judges/referees make life much easier. If your team has not yet contributed a volunteer, now is a good time to help.
    Hopefully, the Google form at the link will make that easier for folks.

    Thanks for the support. One more big push to finish up the PowerPlay season in a strong, enjoyable way.

                                                                                                                                                            Vince