[Event] Software Freedom Day 2013 Celebration at PICT

1 view

Avinash Sonawane

Sep 20, 2013, 8:28:33 PM9/20/13
to fs...@googlegroups.com
We are a bunch of hackers at HaCkD (Hacker’s Den) [
http://www.hackersden.org ] who believe in sharing, openness and world
improvement. We are celebrating Software Freedom Day 2013 at Pune
Institute Of Computer Technology on 21 September, 2013 (Saturday).

Software Freedom Day [ http://www.softwarefreedomday.org ] is a
worldwide celebration of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). Our
goal in this celebration is to educate the people about the benefits
of using high quality FOSS in education, in government, at home, and
in business — in short, everywhere.

*Agenda for SFD 2013* :

1) GNU/Linux Installfest

2) Seminars
i) Why Software Freedom Matters?
ii) How To Join A Free Software Project And Why?

3) Free Culture Films
i) Sintel
ii) Big Buck Bunny
iii) Revolution OS

4) Open Hardware Booth
i) Arduino
ii) Raspberry Pi

We cordially invite you to the Software Freedom Day 2013 Celebration at PICT.
Please register at http://www.hackersden.org/sfd2013 since event is
limited entries only.

How can you contribute ?
1) Since two of the speakers wont be able to make it to SFD 2013 at
PICT, we are short on speakers. So please consider delivering a talk.
2) Please consider guiding fellow hackers at GNU/Linux Installfest as
whole community will be benefited by sharing the knowledge.
3) Please consider bringing Raspberry Pi, Arduino or Beagleboard at
the event. We can setup a separate stall for you and you'll get a
chance to meet the other hardware hackers.

If you are interested in contributing to Software Freedom Day 2013 at
PICT then please fill this form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1So92aJza-1mlFHyJz7GqJvQgcGtiDUDSoysJz6stFU4/viewform
We'll get back to you immediately.

Thank you!