Looking for PostDoc in the Formally Verified Security group at MPI-SP

Catalin Hritcu

May 30, 2024, 6:36:31 AMMay 30
to Coq Club, types-a...@lists.seas.upenn.edu, csf-at...@mail-infsec.cs.uni-saarland.de

Hello everyone,

A Postdoctoral Researcher position is available in my Formally Verified Security group at the Max Planck Institute for Security and Privacy (MPI-SP). I am looking for candidates with an excellent research track record and publications at top conferences in programming languages (e.g., POPL and ICFP) and/or security (e.g., CCS and CSF).

Candidates are expected to work collaboratively on topics of joint interest and to help co-advise students, but can also dedicate some of their time to their own independent projects. My research interests include, but are not limited to: formal verification, proof assistants (particularly Coq and F*), type systems, effects, monads, functional programming, parametricity, PL semantics, property-based testing, secure compilation, security against speculative side-channel attacks, noninterference, compartmentalization, capability machines, machine-checked crypto proofs, etc. You can find more details here: https://catalin-hritcu.github.io

MPI-SP is a relatively new research institute founded in 2019 and is part of the Computer Science research area of the Max Planck Society. We are located on the campus of Ruhr University Bochum, in the Rhein-Ruhr metropolitan region of Germany, one of Europe's largest academic hub. The working language of MPI-SP is English, and no knowledge of German is required for this job.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you are interested in this position! (or to forward this to someone who could be interested)

Kind Regards,

Catalin Hritcu (he/him)

Tenured Faculty, MPI-SP