Fwd: Okay - NOW you know which day to take off... EXTRA EXTRA - Bills are in!!!!

Bill

Dec 16, 2011, 3:06:16 PM12/16/11
to FS Bikers

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Okay - NOW you know which day to take off... EXTRA EXTRA -
Bills are in!!!!
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 14:23:53 -0500
From: Candy Alexander

Okay Gang,

We've got the dates and we've got the bills. There are 4 bills on the
slate for 2012. Two that are of special interest that we need your
support on.

The bills are listed below with our suggested/requested actions to be
taken on each:

*1. HB1310 - Motorcycle learners permit*.

Hearing is scheduled for 1/10/2012 @11:45 (LOB 203).

Text of the bill can be found here
<http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2012/HB1310.html>.

NHMRO suggested action: Let us know if you have any concerns or
questions with this bill, otherwise no suggested action other than stay
informed through NHMRO

*2. HB1442 - Motorcycle noise emission regulation.*

Hearing is scheduled for *2/7/2012 @ 10:00 in Representatives Hall.*

The text of the bill can be found here.
<http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2012/HB1442.html>

NHMRO suggested action: *_NHMRO highly recommends that you attend this
hearing!!_* We need your support and you need to let your voice be
heard. You will be saying plenty just by attending!! This is the one we
have been talking about for some time. Here's your chance to put in for
that day off!

*3. HB1447 -Motorcycle Plates; Live Free or Die motto*

Hearing is scheduled for 1/31/2012 @ 11:30 (LOB 203).

Text of the bill can be found here
<http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2012/HB1447.html>.

NHMRO Suggested action: Let us know if you have any concerns or
questions with this bill, otherwise No specific suggestion other than
stay informed through NHMRO. *Thank you Rep. Peckham for understanding
our passion of "Live Free or Die" to the point of ensuring it is on
motorcycle plates.

*4. HB1503-FN* - Motorcycle Rider Ed (removing self-funding portion of
reg.)*

Hearing is scheduled for 1/31/2012 @10:00 (LOB 203).

Text of the bill can be found here.
<http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2012/HB1503.html>

NHMRO Suggested action: NHMRO recommends attendance to this hearing if
you can. Otherwise, please contact members of the House Transportation
Committee with your position on this item. NHMRO highly recommends that
funding continue for Motorcycle Rider Education.

Contact Information for the House Transportation Committee Members can
be found here:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/committeedetails.aspx?code=H27

. Simply click on the name and their contact information will be displayed.

If you wish to send an email to all members, use this email address:
~HouseTransport...@leg.state.nh.us
<mailto:~HouseTransport...@leg.state.nh.us>

Thank you everyone! Looks like we have a few things to discuss at our
next meeting on January 8th at the Deerhead! See ya there!

AND - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!

Candy Alexander
Vice President
*N*ew *H*ampshire *M*otorcyclists' *R*ights *O*rganization
http://www.nhmro.org
Phone: 603.320.3654