Yesterday's NHMRO meeting @ Milford @ Co.

Bill

Aug 13, 2012, 8:22:25 PM8/13/12
to FS Bikers
So the meeting started with a report on the 'motorcycle exhaust' bill.
Rep. Sherm Packard reported. Both he and Pres. Candy talked about how
they're still getting shit for "selling out," and they want to go to the
MRF meeting to explain how NH is leading the way to a sustainable future
of limited regulation. Then Candy launches into a warning about how
"libertarians" are moving in from elsewhere, and they're fucking things
up in Concord, that they're often running as Republicans, and ya need to
know who you're voting for. Despite being entirely out of left field, it
was damaging.

So after adjournment, I approach and inquire. She said that there was a
single vote in committee against the amendment that eventually passed, a
Kyle somebody. I said Jones? She said yeah. I gave the standard spiel,
plus the fact that as she'd already acknowledged there isn't unanimity
on this bill even within the biker community, and that I don't know him
personally, or even his record, really, but I'm sure he had carefully
considered reasons -- had they asked him? She said yeah, and he wouldn't
explain himself, even to constituents.

And so the liberty community is guilty. I certainly didn't expect so
much stereotyping coming from a corner that should have had its fill
long ago.

Ultimately, we did agree that one should always know for whom they're
voting. And I said I'd try to get some feedback on Jones' vote. Does
anyone here know him well enough to get an answer, and could inquire? I
think we'd do well to solidify some apparently very rickety bridges
here. Perhaps he could be convinced to address the org at a future meeting?

Additionally, NHMRO is soliciting sponsors for the September Toy Run --
name on the back of the t-shirt, etc. I'm wondering if NHLA might be
interested...
--

--= My life, my property, my decisions. =--
--= BikerBill=- ©¿©¬ =--