Fwd: NEWS and a REMIDNER! NHMRO's 29th Annual Toy Run is THIS Sunday!

Bill

Sep 9, 2011, 5:34:23 PM9/9/11
to FS Bikers

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NEWS and a REMIDNER! NHMRO's 29th Annual Toy Run is THIS Sunday!
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:45:15 -0400
From: Candy Alexander

Hi Everyone!!

Just a quick reminder that THIS Sunday is the NHMRO Toy Run! Can you
believe it's here already?

We will be meeting up at the Dept. of Transportation parking lot on
Hazen Drive in Concord (rt. 9). Get there early to pick up your
t-shirt(s)! Kickstands up at 1:00 sharp and we will travel to the Union
Leader Building in Manchester.

Please bring an educational toy, nonperishable food item or a check made
out to the "Salvation Army". All donations are greatly appreciated and
go to children here in NH (distributed by the Salvation Army).

This is a great event and the oldest/biggest in NH. If you have never
joined us, you have no idea of awesome it is to ride with hundreds of
your brothers and sisters, seeing bikes in front/back of you as far as
the eye can see. Gives me goose bumps!

We would also like to remind you that we have a meeting on Sunday, Sept.
18th (1:30) at the Hooksett American Legion Post 37 - which is located
at 5 Riverside Rd in Hooksett (by the river, in between Robies Country
store and the Fire Station). We need to start thinking about what we
need to do to prepare for this year's legislative session. It is
promising to be a challenging year. You can start preparing yourself
ahead of time by recruiting folks as members of NHMRO. We need to get
ALL motorcyclists to pay attention to this one. If they don't win this
year, they will be back. AND if they DO win, we will never get what we
have now back. Something to think about and to take seriously.

NHMRO is also looking for a few good volunteers. We need to get the
word out on the streets. If you can help - see one of us about
distributing cards out at the toy run and after - in your home towns
(shops, restaurants, bars, etc.), where ever you frequent.

We also need a volunteer or too to help out with planning our social
event(s). It's almost time for a "Spaghetti Dinner". It's a way for us
to make a little cash and better yet - provide an opportunity for us to
hang out and have some fun. If you are interested, please let me know.

We also have a couple of other things we could use help on - so if you
are interested, jump in and let me know. Don't be shy! After all, it's
a great way to make new friends! Really - ask any of our Board members
about it!

That's about it for now - my "real job" is calling me back to work.

See you Sunday! Until then - Ride safe, ride respectfully and most
importantly, ride free!

Candy

Candy Alexander
Vice President
*N*ew *H*ampshire *M*otorcyclists' *R*ights *O*rganization
http://www.nhmro.org
Phone: 603.320.3654