Fwd: NHMRO NEWS FLASH - Senate Approved HB1442 - Noise Bill

Bill

Apr 18, 2012, 2:11:55 PM4/18/12
to FS Bikers
Two points. First, an unavoidable "choice" it may well have been, but
"false" nevertheless. And second, after conceding the "kind" of
"solution," once the opposition realizes only 2% of their "problem" is
affected, we'll be at this all over again (endlessly) debating the
"degree." OK, three points: motorcycle-exclusive noise legislation is,
by definition, discriminatory legislation. Government doesn't get to
discriminate. Period.

I (still) don't intend to fight this bill, but the NHLA's 'Gold
Standard' analysis (for which, full disclosure, my input was solicited)
was dead on.

Btw, somebody chucked a bunch of sand/gravel down my Harley's oil filler
tube. Memorial services for the engine TBD. Let's be vigilant out there,
activists...