XML Write API

forki23

Mar 23, 2012, 6:57:39 AM3/23/12
to fsh...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm experimenting with an write API for the XML type provider.
At the moment I have a mutable version.

What do you think?

Steffen

Ryan Riley

Mar 23, 2012, 9:57:51 AM3/23/12
to fsh...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering if this were possible. Nice demonstration. I think it would be even nicer to stick to immutability if possible. Would you be able to return the value as a record and use { author with Name = "Steffen" } instead?

Also, what about the ability to point to a Stream rather than a file name? Can the StructuredXml<> take a F# quotation? I have yet to dig into creating type providers, so I still don't know the limitations.

Steffen Forkmann

Mar 23, 2012, 10:06:18 AM3/23/12
to fsh...@googlegroups.com
Returning a record would be interesting. I'm planning to support two interfaces - one mutable (for C# compatibility) and one immtuable.

Steffen Forkmann

Mar 23, 2012, 10:17:56 AM3/23/12
to fsh...@googlegroups.com

Steffen Forkmann

Mar 23, 2012, 1:46:46 PM3/23/12
to fsh...@googlegroups.com
On the other hand: Using deep nested records is really tricky without lenses. Maybe we need to go in this direction.

Ryan Riley

Mar 23, 2012, 5:24:15 PM3/23/12
to fsh...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, March 23, 2012 10:46:46 AM UTC-7, forki23 wrote:
On the other hand: Using deep nested records is really tricky without lenses. Maybe we need to go in this direction.

I was going to throw lenses out there earlier, but I thought I would "keep it simple." :)

Steffen Forkmann

Mar 25, 2012, 2:54:32 PM3/25/12
to fsh...@googlegroups.com
I released this API with version 1.5.3