F# Tensor Flow or CNTK like thing with GPU Support?

David Crook

Jun 10, 2016, 9:37:53 AM6/10/16
to fsharp-data-science
Hey All,

I got a project that requires some pretty intense image recognition on my plate.  The basis of the project is to detect if a painting is a fake or not.  Anyways, I'm hoping to take advantage of something like this in my project.  The other few main requirements is the museums be able to add new art to their gallery, have a few folks paint some replicas, and use that as training data.

Anyways, GPU compute is in private preview, I'm hoping to use those and also be able to ship the code on prem if needed.  I know Alea is out there, but wanted to see if there was anything else you all are using that you have had success with.

Thanks,
~David

Daniel Egloff

Jun 10, 2016, 4:58:09 PM6/10/16
to David Crook, fsharp-data-science
Hi David

You might be interested that we are building Alea TK, a Deep Learning stack based on Alea GPU. It will be open sourced, probably in 2 month.

It is though C# based, but certainly usable from F#. We are currently integrating cuDNN 5.

If you want to work with us and using Alea TK - you are more than welcome! We could give you access before it is published.

I think it could be a very good fit.

Best
Daniel

David Crook

Jun 10, 2016, 5:01:31 PM6/10/16
to fsharp-data-science, drc...@outlook.com
This sounds extremely exciting to me.  Can you shoot me an email: dac...@microsoft.com with some details on how to get access?

Message has been deleted

ijazz jazz

Mar 20, 2018, 2:14:28 AM3/20/18
to fsharp-data-science
Because I recently wrote about TensorFlow I thought it would be interesting to study the similarities and differences between these two systems. After all, CNTK seems .... Of course this means little as CNTK is designed for parallelism and massive GPU support is the true design point idea. The training used

Mathias Brandewinder

Mar 20, 2018, 4:32:08 AM3/20/18
to fsharp-data-science
I have been doing some work using CNTK from F#, it's working just fine so far. If you are interested, current work is in this repository: https://github.com/mathias-brandewinder/CNTK.FSharp - cleaning it up this week.

Otherwise, also note that this group has been deprecated, the fsharp.org Slack has a #datascience channel with fairly active discussions, didn't seem worth maintaining a separate discussion space and fragmenting.

Mathias
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to fsharp-data-science+unsub...@googlegroups.com.