Double-banded Plover at Bithry Inlet

Leo Berzins

Jan 30, 2024, 12:55:56 AMJan 30
to fs...@googlegroups.com
Surprised to see a Double-banded Plover at Bithry Inlet today. It still had traces of breeding plumage.

This is the earliest I have ever seen one return.

(Apologies for the poor photo quality in harsh midday light).

Double-banded_Plover_R5_6160_Bithry_800
Double-banded_Plover_R5_6160_Bithry_800[2].jpg

Liz Allen

Robyn Kesby

Jan 30, 2024, 1:00:30 AMJan 30
to fs...@googlegroups.com
Yes that is very early. I seem to remember mid-March for them.
Thanks Leo.

Leo Berzins

Jan 30, 2024, 1:10:05 AMJan 30
to fs...@googlegroups.com
I usually start seeing them around mid-February.