Young Koels

1 view

Leo Berzins

Jan 1, 2021, 5:19:03 AM1/1/21
to fs...@googlegroups.com
There’s been some Koel activity in my Merimbula backyard over the past couple of days.

A juvenile is being raised by two exhausted Red Wattlebird parents. I managed to get a photo of the youngster sitting briefly on the fence, but unfortunately no feeding shots (yet).

An immature male has also been in the area. I assume this is a one year old bird. Photo attached.

Koel_imm_4F5A5578_backyard.jpg
Koel_juv_B14X0637_backyard.jpg

David Adams

Jan 1, 2021, 3:43:13 PM1/1/21
to fscb
Great pictures, thanks for sending them along!

Lizzie Allen

Jan 3, 2021, 9:52:16 PM1/3/21
to fs...@googlegroups.com
Great photos,have only sighted a male Koel once.

Sent from my Perch in Tura