Pied Cormorants

Max S

Feb 20, 2024, 9:27:50 PMFeb 20
to FSCB
Not often sighted in our area, Pied Cormorants are currently roosting in the back lake at Short Point. Nine adults and three juveniles have been seen.
Larger than Little Pied Cormorants with a large black stripe (called trousers) to the leg.

Pied Cormorants Short Point.jpg

Barbara Jones

Feb 20, 2024, 11:50:05 PMFeb 20
to 'Max S' via FSCB

Nice description Max. They are often mis diagnosed I think.

Barbara