Error 1938

Thomas Swaney

Jan 19, 2023, 12:03:53 PM1/19/23
to frx...@googlegroups.com

Hello Marat,

I have an issue with creating a PDF in a VFP application using frx2any.

This doesn’t happen every time but sporadically when the customer runs the form to create the PDF and send an email.

The error message that VFP is returning is as follows:

After further investigation we found that there is also a frx2any.err in the directory of the local machine where the .exe resides. Here is the text from the ERR file.

Object is not contained in a FORM.

pdffile

Error:     1938

Method:resetremoveobjects

Line:      108

Date:01/18/23 02:53:47 PM

Can you help us please to figure out why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas Swaney

Feb 1, 2023, 11:01:44 AM2/1/23
to FRX2Any
Can anyone help with this issue?

Marat Chariev

Feb 1, 2023, 11:12:25 AM2/1/23
to FRX2Any
Hi Thomas
Are you reusing FRX2Any object by any chance (in a loop or create it once and use it many times)?
It its the case - try to instantiate new FRX2Any object each time you convert report

Regards
Marat

Thomas Swaney

Feb 1, 2023, 11:15:48 AM2/1/23
to frx...@googlegroups.com

Hello Marat,

Thank you, I will try this and see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Thomas Swaney

Thomas Swaney

Feb 7, 2023, 3:05:00 PM2/7/23
to frx...@googlegroups.com

Hello Marat,

It looks like that the fix was to release the frx2any.vcx classlib and reinitialize it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks,

Thomas