Some problem during demo evaluation

Péter Stock

Jul 29, 2021, 1:48:07 PM7/29/21
to FRX2Any
Hello Marat,

I'm evaluating your FRX2Any Demo version - VFP 8. My company has an old version of this (we have: v12.06.01) and I want to know is this newer version is handling some PDF problems what we have.
I just checked that, to show my Report with picture in PDF, I have to change the picture relative path to Full path before:
USE (lcReportFullName) IN 0 ALIAS tmpreport
SELECT tmpreport
REPLACE picture WITH '"'+FULLPATH(picture)+'"' FOR objtype = 17
USE
This problem is not in our version. Information: our old developer changed lot in the FRX2Any code for make a well working version so that can happen he handled this error.
Is there any way that you handle this in this new version? Because, if we buy this, I would not like to create a temporary report what I can update to handle this issue.
I found an other issue (in our version this problem also there): if I use a field in my report with "Strech with overflow" on screen it shows well but in PDF the texts are overlapping each other with the text field below.
Is this a known issue? Will you handle this in the future?

Regards,
Peter, Parallel Ltd.

Marat Chariev

Jul 29, 2021, 2:06:17 PM7/29/21
to FRX2Any
Hi Peter
When you try to convert embedded report (included into EXE/APP) using Compiled version of FRX2Any (FRX2Any.APP) - you must exclude report form EXE/APP
by creating temp report file, and that is why you developer was doing.
If you do not like to do that, you need initially keep reports out of EXE/APP, or update FRX2Any SINGLE edition to FRX2Any DEVELOPER edition, which you will need to compile into your APP/EXE. In the last case no report extraction (creating temp report) required.

Regards
Marat

Péter Stock

Jul 30, 2021, 2:55:39 AM7/30/21
to FRX2Any
Hi Marat,

I have to keep my reports in EXE, so the handling remain this. I think we have the DEVELOPER edition.

About the other problem: "I found an other issue (in our version this problem also there): if I use a field in my report with "Strech with overflow" on screen it shows well but in PDF the texts are overlapping each other with the text field below.
Is this a known issue?"   Will you handle this in the future?

Regards,
Peter

Marat Chariev

Jul 30, 2021, 3:02:26 PM7/30/21
to FRX2Any
Hi Peter
If you have a DEVELOPER edition you should not have any problem with conversion of the embedded reports. All you need to do is to compile FRX2Any source code  into the same EXE.
For the report fields with option "Stretch with overflow" it works fine in v.14.08.04 se attached omages below:

Report filed settings:
Capture6.PNG

Visual FoxPro report preview:
Capture7.PNG

PDF output produced by FRX2Any Report Converter Engine v. 14.08.04:
Capture5.PNG

Regards
Marat

Péter Stock

Jul 31, 2021, 11:35:35 AM7/31/21
to FRX2Any
 Hi Marat,

Thank you for your checking of my problem.

Sorry that I was not exact, where is this Strech with overflow is problematic:
In your Detail group it does not come up with this type of problem as there are no other field under the overflowing field in the same group.
This problem came up for me in Header group (and found this also in other groups).
In this group we usually put lot of fields UNDER each other.

I show it (sorry, this is not an english language report):
Report Header, first field:
PageHeader1.png
Report Header, second field:
PageHeader2.png
on Screen it shows (personal data masked):
screen_1_.png
on FRX2Any PDF it shows:
PDF_1_.png

So where the "1. A munkáltató...." second field starts you can see the first field text overlaps the second field.

Regards,
Peter

Marat Chariev

Jul 31, 2021, 12:35:45 PM7/31/21
to FRX2Any
Hi Peter
Could you attach report (zipped FRX and FRT files) to your message?

Regards
Marat

Péter Stock

Jul 31, 2021, 12:47:58 PM7/31/21
to FRX2Any
Hi Marat
I attached (unimportant parts are deleted).
m.sv_felso must be longer text than 700 char

Regards
Peter
REPORTS.ZIP

Marat Chariev

Aug 2, 2021, 2:49:26 PM8/2/21
to FRX2Any
Hi Peter
Those 2 fields are overlapped. Try to keep small gap between them, and this should resolve the issue:
Capture8.PNG

Capture9.PNG

Regards
Marat

Péter Stock

Aug 5, 2021, 5:43:38 AM8/5/21
to FRX2Any
Hi Marat,
Thank you very much. I have to let 1 px gap between the two fields and this works. This also works in our version.
So this is different than the working method of printer. I continue the evaluation.
Regards, Peter