FRX2Any pdf file has no spaces between words

jash...@farmplan.co.uk

Aug 17, 2020, 2:23:33 PM8/17/20
to FRX2Any
I have one user of my product that when they export any report to PDF then none of the names have the spaces in them. I have several hundred users for whom this works fine and spaces are shown.

If I view a PDF the client created then I also see no spaces.

If they view a PDF I produce then they see the spaces.

So it appears to be an issue with the way the PDF is created rather than a setting associated with viewing/opening the file.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what on the client's machine is triggering this behaviour?

Marat Chariev

Aug 17, 2020, 2:28:06 PM8/17/20
to FRX2Any
Hi,
Is that User uses same version of FRX2Any.APP and iSEDQuickPDF.DLL ?

jash...@farmplan.co.uk

Aug 18, 2020, 4:00:32 AM8/18/20
to FRX2Any
Versions with modified details of 14/11/2016 11:01 for both files are installed, so they should be. I'll check with the client.

Thank you  for getting back to me.

jash...@farmplan.co.uk

Aug 18, 2020, 5:00:11 AM8/18/20
to FRX2Any
Hi Marat,

The client has both files with the modified date/time as above.

Any other thoughts of what we can try / check?

Cheers
Jim

Marat Chariev

Aug 18, 2020, 2:28:50 PM8/18/20
to FRX2Any
You mentioned above, that the PDF file produced on the User site looks good when you open it on your PC. Right?
If it's the case, I wonder which version of Acrobat Reader User has installed on his/her PC.  Or what User is using to preview the PDF file?

jash...@farmplan.co.uk

Aug 19, 2020, 3:54:42 AM8/19/20
to FRX2Any
No. If the client produces the PDF then the spacing is wrong for both of us when we view it. If I produce the PDF then the spacing is correct for both of us when we view it.

Marat Chariev

Aug 19, 2020, 10:23:50 AM8/19/20
to FRX2Any
What about version of iSEDQuickPDF.DLL?  Is it the same on both sites? Is it the only iSEDQuickPDF.DLL on User's PC?

iSEDQuickPDF.PNG

Marat Chariev

Aug 19, 2020, 10:29:32 AM8/19/20
to FRX2Any
P.S. I am assume you are using FRX2Any.APP (compiled version). Is it the only one  FRX2Any.APP  on User's PC?
Is it possible the User have few FRX2Any.APPs on PC? And one can be the prior version of FRX2Any.APP...

Christos Xenis

Aug 19, 2020, 10:58:50 AM8/19/20
to frx...@googlegroups.com
Dear Marat,

as you can see our version is very old.
image.png

Christos Xenis

SM & CX LogiSoft Computer Systems Ltd

P.O.Box 51987, 3509 Limassol, CYPRUS
Tel.       : +357-25336379
Fax       : +357-25336186
Email    : chri...@logisoft-cy.com
Web      : www.logisoft-cy.com

jash...@farmplan.co.uk

Aug 19, 2020, 11:19:31 AM8/19/20
to FRX2Any
Hi Marat,

I presume the previous comment is from another conversation - it has no bearing on my question to you.

The iSEDQuickPDF.dll file we install is the same as you posted except the Date Modified is '14/11/2016 11:01'.

I'll get my colleague to check whether the clients machine has more than one FRX2Any.app installed.

Thank you for your help.

Jim