OpenStreetMap meetup in Denver tomorrow

Peter Batty

Jun 20, 2011, 12:13:24 PM6/20/11
to frugos
Hi all,

I'm speaking at the OpenStreetMap meetup in Denver tomorrow evening, details at http://bit.ly/iJmXeI. I'll be giving a roundup of what's new and interesting in the OpenStreetMap world, including the following:
  • A quick intro to OpenStreetMap for any newcomers
  • Some tips on using the Potlatch 2 map editor, which provides some cool new features - this should be good for both newcomers and experienced mappers
  • Examples of how government agencies from various parts of the world are using OpenStreetMap
  • Cool new tools for developers using OpenStreetMap, like Leaflet and Kothic
  • Some interesting applications using OpenStreetMap
  • Last but not least, how OpenStreetMap was used to show that you can in fact walk across Dublin without passing a pub (pubs have always been a mainstay of OpenStreetMap!)
I continue to be amazed at the amount of innovation that is being driven around OpenStreetMap, and how it is being used not just for consumer focused applications but by government agencies and other heavyweight GIS users. I encourage you to stop by to learn more and meet others interested in OpenStreetMap.

Cheers,
    Peter.