GIS In the Rockies Workshops & Presentations

BrianT

Apr 19, 2010, 5:32:09 PM4/19/10
to Front Range Users of Geospatial Open Source

All:

GIS In the Rockies (Sept 14-16 www.gisintherockies.org), is coming up
and they are soliciting Workshop & Presentation proposals.

We had a fairly successful workshop last year focusing on GeoServer
and PostGIS, as well as a variety of open-source themed presentations.

This is a great opportunity to "proselytize" to the Front Range crowd,
so I'd urge you to consider participating.

A couple of topics I'd like to see if at all possible--

1) Advanced Web Cartography with Mapnik

2) License free web mapping--Open Layers (or, hell, Open Scales) +
OSM tiles

3) Open source stacks on demand (in the Cloud)

4) Geo-processing & Hadoop

I'm confident we'll already be doing a GeoServer workshop.

Any open source workflow, or hybrid workflow, where real work is
getting done is a story worth sharing.

OSGeo is putting together a LiveDVD of a blizzard of open source apps--
http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/--so that's a great way to go for
workshops (and for futzing around with unfamiliar packages).

Respond in this thread with whatever ideas you might have.

Cheers,
Brian

Michael Barinek

Apr 22, 2010, 11:53:33 PM4/22/10
to fru...@googlegroups.com
here's a nosql application that i've been working on...

http://www.localhash.com/

might be fun to hack on in a workshop setting

Michael Tafel

May 5, 2010, 1:00:06 PM5/5/10
to fru...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As an FYI: I will be chairing the Open Source track at this year's GISITR. I'd love to see some presentations from this group. I believe abstracts are due May 14th, so if you haven't already submitted yours please do so. I will provide more info as I receive it.

Cheers,

Mike Tafel
Denver Regional Council of Governments

PS Has anyone on here done any work with the OpenLayers Module in Drupal?

-