Geo Hack Day @ WhereCamp5280

Chris Helm

Oct 25, 2010, 6:42:58 PM10/25/10
to fru...@googlegroups.com
All -

Myself, Sean Gillies, and Tyler Erickson have all planned to host a pre-wherecamp5280 coders meetup at the Tivoli on the Auraria Campus (at CU Denver - see below for a map). The idea is to have a full day of brainstorming centered on "big geo-topics/problems" with an emphasis on gaps in different languages (like python :). The day will be loosely structured but we plan to spend the morning discussing "big ideas & problems", then in the late-morning/afternoon we're hoping to get down to hammering out some code and solving some of the problems (or at least get started!). Of course we'll follow the whole day up with some beers at pub somewhere close by. The three of us are pretty into solving problems in Python these days, but I'm sure we'll spend time talking about other techs (like Javascript!!). Sounds fun right?

At this point we'd like to get a count of the number of people that are interested in this sort of meeting. Please reply to myself or Sean Gillies to RSVP.

So if you're programmer and you want to come hang out with other programmers please join us. It will completely kick ass, I promise.

Logistics:
Location: http://goo.gl/maps/Wl2X
Room: 321
Date: Thursday November 18th, 2010
Time: 8 - 6 pm

We'll more than likely add some sort of notice on the wherecamp5280 website and also draft a very rough agenda at some point very soon.
--
Christopher W. Helm
FortiusOne

Chris Helm

Oct 26, 2010, 3:48:58 PM10/26/10
to fru...@googlegroups.com
If you're thinking of joining us for our programmer shindig on the Nov 18th. Please sign up by adding your name to the front page of the wiki here: http://wc5280hack.pbworks.com/w/page/WhereCamp-5280-Unofficial-Programmers-meetup

Thanks!
Chris

Sean Gillies

Oct 26, 2010, 4:32:51 PM10/26/10
to fru...@googlegroups.com
I've also announced on the Front Range Pythoneers list and got a
couple responses. They haven't added their names yet.