Louise - how Lucy's test go for Celiacs?

Liz

Dec 2, 2008, 5:59:20 AM12/2/08
to Children's Fructose, Sucrose or Lactose Malabsorption Group
Hi Louise,

How did Lucy's test go for Celiac? Hope it was negative.

Thanks again for posting all the recipe. The soup was great just had
to modify it for Coopers diet needs.

Hope all is well with your Children. Where about's in the UK are you?

Is it cold there and are you getting any snow?

It's mild here, we're not getting hot days yet, but I'm sure they are
just around the corner.

sarahlou

Dec 9, 2008, 6:21:57 AM12/9/08
to Children's Fructose, Sucrose or Lactose Malabsorption Group
hi liz - sorry not logged on for a while - kids been ill with colds
etc.

Lucy's test inconclusive - she had low immunoglobin? so have to go
back for another test - i honestly don't think she is but wheat is
definitely a big problem for her and the difference since i cut it out
is amazing. I am trying with my son now.

I'm glad coopers endoscopy went as well as you could have hoped - must
have been a very worrying time for you.

We are in Lancashire - no snow yet (sledge at the ready though - my
children have never seen real snow!) but very cold.

I am actually wondering if it is fructose malabsorption that is the
problem. They definitely ave a problem with dairy and lots of the
fructose foods but more constipation than anything especially since
excluding wheat?? When they have eaten something not good they ruub
their eyes, have tummy spasms and trapped wind - seems to be more
intolerance - i just don't know - we have good and not too good days
and nights as i think we all do.

Where abouts are you - is it weird haveing sun at xmas?

Thanks for writing - louise x

ps glad he liked the soup

sarahlou

Dec 9, 2008, 6:32:18 AM12/9/08
to Children's Fructose, Sucrose or Lactose Malabsorption Group
pps just read other messages and if wheat is a problem for Cooper i
hope you see some positive results soon x

Jo-Anne

Dec 10, 2008, 5:30:21 AM12/10/08
to Children's Fructose, Sucrose or Lactose Malabsorption Group
Hi Louise,

Ethan also rubs his eyes, has tummy pains and wind also when he is
having a reaction. Wheat doesn't seem to be a problem to him but each
person with fructose malaborption is different or so I am finding
out. What works for Ethan may not work for me (the dietican want to
exclude wheat from my diet) and Chloe's tolerances may be completely
different.

I am also finding out that fructose reaction to food gets worse before
it gets better - my tolerance to fructose is getting lower and lower,
but once I get a base line I will be able to add more stuff.

The dietican recommended metamucil (a fibre supplement) for me (i'm
suffering diarreah), it is normally for people with constipation but
he is using it as a bulking agent. There may be something like that
for children.

sarahlou

Dec 10, 2008, 9:45:15 AM12/10/08
to Children's Fructose, Sucrose or Lactose Malabsorption Group
Hi Jo-Anne

Thanks for this - has Ethan tested +ve for fructose malabsorption? Was
it the Hydrogen test?

Jo-Anne

Dec 11, 2008, 5:14:13 AM12/11/08
to Children's Fructose, Sucrose or Lactose Malabsorption Group
Ethan and I have tested possitive using the hydrogen breath tests -
chloe is having her's in January.