Creating a game launcher

Tekl

Nov 5, 2008, 8:49:07 AM11/5/08
to frontpython-discuss.
Hi

Is it possible to create a plugin that let me browse through all my
games on my Mac? It should show a big screenshot (or short video) and
a description. Clicking the Game should launch it or show more details
(publisher, more screenshots, video ...) where I can launch it from.

I thought of different ways where to get the screenshot and

1. A special folder with the same name of the game file (inside /
Applications/Front Row GameInfo) containing a screenshot and
description files (for different languages)
2. Just retrieving the Icon and Spotlight comment from the Game bundle
(So I can replace the Icon with a screenshot)
3. Downloading screenshots and infos from http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/

For 1. it should also be possible to specify how the game should be
launched if it is not in /Applications or needs to started with an
emulator

Or does anybody know about an existing game launcher for OS X?

Tekl